DJ 'closest Ive been' to dominating form entering 2017 Masters

DJ 'closest Ive been' to dominating form entering 2017 Masters

PALM HARBOR, Fla. Dustin Johnson missed out on a chance to tackle Augusta National at the height of his powers, but hes not far removed from getting another crack at it.Johnson was the clear favorite heading into the 2017 Masters, having won each of his last three starts, including a pair of WGC events. But a slip down the stairs led to a withdrawal just before he was set to tee off in the opening round, and he didnt play competitively again for a month.Johnson has won plenty of tournaments in the two years since, and hes spent much of that time as the top-ranked player in the world. But with victories already this year in Saudi Arabia and Mexico and coming off a T-5 finish at The Players Championship, Johnson believes heading into this weeks Valspar Championship that his game is as strong as its been since his ill-fated week in Augusta.
Full-field tee times from the Valspar ChampionshipValspar Championship: Articles, photos and videos
Now is the closest Ive been to that. I mean, back then that was probably the best form Ive ever been in, and getting injured its taken a while to get back to that form, Johnson said. Obviously, I played very well in that stretch, but I wasnt as comfortable as I was then, kind of throughout the whole bag. But its getting, its definitely the closest Ive felt to that stage of my career.Johnsons result last week was his first career top-10 finish in 11 trips to TPC Sawgrass, and his dominating run to the title last month in Mexico was reminiscent of the one he offered up two years ago during his strong run of form. When asked if he believed the performance he authored in Mexico City would be good enough to win his first green jacket next month, Johnson didnt back down.Yes, it would be. I mean, I did everything really well, he said. I just played really solid tee to green and rolled the putter well. Yeah, definitely I would be tough to beat.


"That was probably the best form I've ever been in," Johnson said. "Now it's definitely the closest I've felt to that stage of my career." Reigning British Open champion Francesco Molinari won at Bay Hill and was third in the WGC Match Play, giving the seventh-ranked Italian an extra boost entering Augusta.
Tiger is set to return to the Masters, and a new generation


DJ 'closest I've been' to dominating form entering 2017 Masters. By "Now is the closest I've been to that. while this is the last week for players to move into the top 50 to make the
DJ 'closest I've been' to dominating form entering 2017 Masters


DJ 'closest I've been' to dominating form entering 2017 Masters Dustin Johnson missed out on a chance to tackle Augusta National at the height of his powers, but he's not far removed from
DJ 'closest I've been' to dominating form entering 2017 Masters


Masters Tee Times and Pairings Announced ️ DJ: 'Closest I've Been' to Dominating Form. Dustin Johnson DJ: 'Closest I've Been' to Dominating Form Golf Channel. via Golf Channel;
DJ's brother breaks hand falling on stairs | theScore.com


As for this season, Dustin feels confident of his chances heading back to Augusta, provided he stay on his feet, of course."Now is the closest I've been to that," he said of his game compared to 2017.
Masters 2019: Rory's Grand Slam, Tiger's 15th major and other


DJ 'closest I've been' to dominating form entering 2017 Masters. Golf Johnson was the clear favorite heading into the 2017 Masters, having won each of his last three starts, including a pair
Watch: DJ stuffs drive to 4 feet on par-4 second


Mcllroy chases Career Slam at Masters while Tiger lurks Woods, a 14-time major champion and four-time Masters champion, hasn't won a major since the 2008 US Open but is in form after spinal fusion surgery to end years of back pain, winning last year's Tour Championship.


It's been two years since DJ's preordained Masters win went spiraling down a staircase. So now it's the closest I've been to that. I mean back then that was probably the best form I've ever
Mcllroy chases Career Slam at Masters while Tiger lurks


DJ 'closest I've been' to dominating form entering 2017 Masters Source: The Golf Channel PALM HARBOR, Fla. - Dustin Johnson missed out on a chance to tackle Augusta National at the height of his powers, but he's not far removed from getting another crack at it.
Dustin Johnson | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and


Get ready, golf fans: Tiger Woods' Masters return is upon us With Tiger Woods set to descend upon Augusta National, another generation of fans will get to witness some golf magic that not so long
Mcllroy chases Career Slam at Masters while Tiger lurks

DJ 'closest I've been' to dominating form entering 2017 Masters

Post a Comment

0 Comments