Comfortable, confident Woodland: 'I'm a completely different player now'

Comfortable, confident Woodland: 'I'm a completely different player now'

KAPALUA, Hawaii In two previous trips to the Sentry Tournament of Champions, Gary Woodland has finished tied for 13th in 2014 and 24th in 2012.In his defense, there are plenty of distractions in Maui.Woodland was always surrounded by family and friends, and the views of Honolua Bay have mesmerized the worlds best players for decades, but this year is different. I wanted to come out and be aggressive," Woodland said. "Obviously, it's nice to be here, but I have a little different mindset this week, playing a little more aggressive, trying to contend, and trying to win instead of just enjoying the views out here, which I've done in the past, he added.
Full-field scores from the Sentry Tournament of ChampionsSentry Tournament of Champions: Articles, photos and videos
Undeterred by distractions, Woodland birdied six of his last eight holes to move into the lead at 12 under following his second consecutive 67 on the windswept Plantation Course.Although he began the year more focused than in the past, the biggest difference through two rounds has been his driving, which had been a liability in his first two starts at Kapalua. Woodland is leading the field in strokes gained: tee to green, he's seventh in fairways hit, and he's eighth in driving distance.I don't know if I was aggressive enough because I didn't drive it well enough, he said. I'm a completely different player now. There's some holes where I just wasn't comfortable on the tee box, so I think I played a little more conservative. Now I feel like I can hit driver on any hole.



See hot celebrity videos, E! News Now clips, interviews, movie premiers, exclusives, and more! See how the hit FX drama series that shines a light on LGBTQ culture is seriously making a change
10/26 AAW Pro "Dia De Los Luchadores: LA Park vs. MJF, Fenix



LPGA Q-School's makeover is now official. Stages 1 and 2 of Q-School will still be played as separate, four-round tournaments, but the final stage as you know it is gone.
Breaking News | Hall, maguire four back at lpga q-school



Who needs sleep? Poulter shoots 66 in Abu Dhabi after 34 hours of travel Source: The Golf Channel There was no more impressive score Wednesday in Abu Dhabi than Ian Poulter's opening 66. The Englishman endured a 34-hour door-to-door travel adventure as he hightailed it from the Sony Open in Hawaii on Sunday night to Abu Dhabi by Tuesday evening.
Who needs sleep? Poulter shoots 66 in Abu Dhabi after 34



Thomas caps off record week with trophy at Sony Open champagne flute in hand for the traditional toast. Thomas chugged it down, smiled and said to them, "I think I had a glass with a hole in



Muirfield is seeking a second vote on women members in a bid to overturn the decision made six weeks ago that officials claim has "damaged" the reputation of the historic club.
Tiger Woods Live Blog: Woods fails to make move on Day 2 at



Valero Texas Open: Si Woo Kim in lead after 6-under 66; Jordan Spieth, Rickie Fowler lurking Texas Open: Adam Scott trying to maintain major championship streak . Scott trying to extend major
'Jeopardy!' Champion James Holzhauer Hits $2 Million in



Phil Mickelson's approach shot on 11 during Round 1 play of the Greenbrier Classic went astray and hit a spectator in the head. Phil Mickelson gives up gloves after shot hits spectator in head
Black Mountain Golf & Country Club, 500 Greenway Rd



Rory McIlroy News Rory McIlroy 2018 schedule: When will he play next? first PGA Tour start of the year at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am in February, entering that tournament for the first time
Stricker looking to play more on PGA Tour this year



KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Pat Perez leads by one stroke halfway through the CIMB Classic after carding a 7-under-par 65 around a four-hour delay for rain on Friday.
Pat Perez Leads CIMB Classic After Two Rounds | Pro Golf Weekly



KAPALUA, Hawaii - Jordan Spieth will begin his year on the PGA Tour next week at the Sony Open. Spieth has started his year at the Sentry Tournament of Champions the last three seasons but he
Spieth to begin year next week at Sony Open - sports.yahoo.com



Prez Cup playing captain 'not in the equation' for Els, but maybe it should be Golf Channel February 28, 2019, 5:29 PM GMT Els receives special U.S. Open invite; 9,000-plus vie for Pebble Beach berth
Presidents Cup captain Ernie Els shakes things up for
nydailynews.sportstonews.com/2019/04/25/presidents-cup-captain-ernie-els-shakes-things-up-for-potential-international-players/index.html
AVONDALE, La. - International Presidents Cup team captain Ernie Els knows how difficult a task he's been assigned. Come December, he'll lead a group of players from all parts of the world against a more practiced, close-knit group of Americans and their captain Tiger Woods at Royal Melbourne.
Ernie Els receives U.S. Open special exemption - pgatour.com



Tony Finau will play in the final group on a Masters Sunday with his idol Tiger Woods, realising a childhood dream. The American set Augusta National alight on Saturday, with a sizzling eight under 64 catapulting him up the leaderboard to within two shots of the lead and tied with Woods.
Utah's Tony Finau shoots a sizzling 64, is tied with Tiger


McIlroy: Tiger is just one of 12 at Ryder Cup - golfchannel.com



TT Postscript: Tiger narrowly makes cut after another 'pedestrian' 70 Source: The Golf Channel SAN DIEGO - Another glorious day walking the cliffs above Black's Beach was marred by another pedestrian round for Tiger Woods.
TT Postscript: Tiger narrowly makes cut after another



Simpson ties course record, leads Players by 5 strokes. By Post Sports. Simpson tied the Stadium Course record with a 9-under 63 and had a five-shot lead after 36 holes, the largest in the 45
Simpson ties course record for five-shot lead as Tiger

Post a Comment

0 Comments